At Madonna Living Community, our priority is the health, wellness and safety of our residents and associates. We are in very close communications with our state and local health officials to ensure we are taking all appropriate steps to prevent the spread of the virus.
What is the status of COVID-19 in the community?
As of July 8, we are delighted to share that we have no new cases of coronavirus on any of Madonna Living Community’s campuses. To date, none of our residents and three of our associates have tested positive. Two of these associates work at Madonna Towers and another who works at Madonna Meadows. All associates have recovered and returned to work.
Since March, we have followed all recommended guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our state and local health departments. Because we have taken this situation very seriously, our campus has been:
- Monitoring and screening residents daily for symptoms of respiratory illness, temperature and oxygen levels.
- Providing face masks to all residents to wear whenever one of our staff is in their room/apartment or when they venture outside their room or apartment.
- Implementing social distance measures such as providing nutritious meals in resident’s room or apartment and offering one-on-one activities.
- Restricting visitors to only essential health care services and compassionate care situations such as end of life. Even those visitors must be screened and free of symptoms before they are allowed to enter with protective precautions in place.
- Encouraging health care providers to use telehealth when possible.
- Screening all employees for symptoms and temperature prior to beginning work. Employees are not allowed in the building if they are ill. Any employee who exhibits symptoms is instructed to self-quarantine at home and/or seek medical care.
- Requiring all associates to wear face masks and face shields while providing care.
- Implementing enhanced infection control measures, including extra efforts to clean and disinfect all high-touch areas throughout the building.
We continue to encourage loved ones to keep in touch via phone, mail, email or video chat.
As we navigate this challenge, we are especially grateful for our dedicated caregivers, who are working tirelessly to ensure a clean, safe environment for all who live and work here. We all remain focused on providing exceptional care and services for all our residents.
Please check back for updates or call our hotline for the latest information at (507) 516-2745.